Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Getting Fit

So a couple things happened last week to inspire me to get more Fit. First off the weather is finally nice outside so the 8 month seclusion is lifted and I actually want to be out running and biking. Secondly I got the new Wii Game called Fit. This game is super fun to do, it comes with a board that weighs you, tells your BMI and center of balance. There are all sorts of games like various yoga moves, strength exercises, balance exercises and aerobics that use the board. The final thing was watching the Florida Gator softball team compete in the college world series. Those girls all looked so fit and fun and I felt like running out and tossing the ol softball around again. Our team ended up loosing in extra innings the game that would have sent them to the finals, but after double headers saturday and sunday I was very proud of my gators! During these softball games there was alot of talk about the USA softball team and of course their quest for a gold medal in the upcoming Olympics (64 days away!)

This made me decide to really work on getting fit by the time the Olympics start. I am working Monday-Wednesday-Friday for the summer so I plan on doing big workouts on tuesday, thursday, saturday and sunday. I have a couple 5Ks and Biathlons that I am going to race this summer also. I dont have much weight to loose, but this is more about being more physically active and converting some fat to lean muscle.

The other thing I have decided is in 2012 I am going to attend the summer Olympics in London. Going to an Olympics is a goal of mine, and London seems like the perfect site. Being 4 years away I will have plenty of time to save some money so I can spend a couple weeks in London with Dan and check out some Olympic events and travel to parts of London I didnt see last time I was there.

So every once and I while I will update my fitness goals here since writing stuff down in public makes me more accountable and more likely to stick with it! If anyone else wants to get fit this summer feel free to post along with me. Right now my #1 goal is exercise 4 days a week for a minimum of 1 hour. #2 goal is by the opening ceremony of the Olympics my belt is 1 notch smaller.

Also just wanted to wish my sister-in-law Debbie a big happy 31st birthday today!! I hope you have a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 4, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Great goals, sweetie! We are so proud of our Gator girls, too. They played phenomenal ball. Your plan to go to the Olympics in London are sure duable--if you need a babysitter for the dogs or whatever keep us in mind. :) Get fit and keep fit!!! xoxoxomomxoxoxo

Anonymous June 4, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

I like your goals. Once I get back from Israel I am going to redo our living room and hook up a flat screen and one of those Wii fit items.

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP