Sunday, May 6, 2012

3 year update!

Vital Stats:
Weight: 32.6 pounds  Height: 38 inches
Clothes I wear size 3T shirts and pants, size 8 shoes

Skills:
Physically, Gross motor:  I am potty trained well.  I still sleep with a diaper on but during the day or during an elusive nap I keep my underwear on.  I am not very interested in learning to ride my bike, but perhaps I will later this summer.  I am a master Frisbee thrower - I will take out your head if your within 10 feet of me - watch out!  I am still pretty clumsy - I think each knee and elbow has cuts on them. 
Physically, Fine motor: I can write several letters (A, C, D, E, F, H. I, L, M, O, R, T, X) and love to draw on my dry erase board


Verbally: I have made some improvement here lately as well.  I am adding 1-3 new words a day.  This week I added park, yellow, white, apple, two, three, bad, dog, duck, hat, bagel, Bosley and Audrey (next door neighbor) to my "words other people besides mommy could understand" list.  I also learned the signs for bear, cat and school this week and I like to use those as well.  I am also finally beginning to occasionally mimic what people say.  I meet with my speech pathologist every week for an hour but in August it moves up to two times per week for two hours a session for eight weeks, then eight weeks off, then eight weeks back on.  That will complete my early intervention speech program and hopefully by then my speech is much improved.  I feel like it has made some real progress lately. 

Likes: My favorite thing is to play in mommy's car - I like to play with car keys, garage door openers, lights, wipers, stick shifts, emergency brakes - you name it, if it is a car I love it.   I like my new room at school.  The kids are so big (3-5 years old) and the playground is huge!  I like going to the park or playground or really anything outside.  I like to play with the hose or sprinkler.  I like to read books, do jigsaw puzzles and watch Super Why on TV.

Favorite Foods: Only new foods to add here are grilled cheese and cheeseburgers.  I also like apple slices and all my old favorites : bagels, waffles, beans, fruit (all but pineapple), peas. 

Dislikes: Bedtime.  I used to be so easy to put asleep but now I fight it - I just know something exciting is going on and I dont want to miss it.  (Also I am a bit scared of the dark and being alone)

What is to come: In 3 weeks Nana and Grandfather are coming to stay with me for 12 days while mommy and daddy go on a cruise to Alaska.  Then in July mommy and I are going to Ohio for 10 days on Cole's 5th birthday and in December we are all going to Florida for Christmas Dec 14-20.  It seems like I am always flying on an airplane somewhere!  I am going to keep working hard on all my skills these next several months and I will keep you all updated!  Thanks for following along with me, these three years have been awesome!

1 comments:

nana May 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM  

You are one fantastic three year old! xoxonanaxoxo

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP