Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two and a Half!

Here is my big update on my many skills and likes over the past 6 months

Vital Stats:
Weight: 31 pounds Height: 36 inches
I am up to 18 teeth out of 20 
For clothes I wear size 2-3T shirts and pants, size 5 shoes

Skills:
Physically: I am great at pulling all my clothes and diaper off.  I can pull my pants back up, put on socks and zip my coat.  I can run well and can jump with both feet off the ground if I am holding onto something.  I can brush my teeth and wash my hands pretty well.  Potty training has improved recently.  Although I am not using the potty much I really like to take off my diaper right after I peed or pooped and then sit on the potty.  I prefer to pee in the bathtub than the potty. 


Verbally: My speaking has improved lately as well.  I am speaking more multiple word sentences like "what's that momma" or "no go home" (I say this after school when I want to go to the playground)  I call things by the noise they make instead of their real name, like meow is cat, roar is lion or tiger, etc.  I also babble and talk way more than I used to, so hopefully more words will be coming soon. 

Mentally: I know most of the colors and shapes.  I can point out several letters, my favorite is O.  I understand a lot of what is said to me.

Likes: I like to pick out my own clothes.  I often will not like your first few choices for me so I will end up in shorts, a coat, a winter hat and sunglasses when you take me to the supermarket.   I like to watch SuperWhy and play on my iPad.  I like to go for walks with my dogs and have been walking either dog on my own for a while now.  If I dont want to walk my dog, I like to pull an empty wagon during the walk.  I like to ask nicely for things by signing "please" - it works great for getting whatever I want!

Favorite Foods: Beans, Waffles, Grapes, Blueberry, Banana Bread, Bagels, Mac & Cheese, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Chicken Nuggets, Fruit smoothies.  Favorite Drink is Chocolate Milk.

Dislikes:Being put in time out.  Nap time.  I don't like someone doing something for me - I have  a plan in my mind for what I want to do or wear so dont mess with it!

What is to come: Holiday season is coming soon so I get to go on lots more trips in the next 6 months.  Next week Grandfather is coming to visit.  For Thanksgiving I am going to Colorado to have turkey with Duncan and Aine McCall.  For Christmas I am going to Gram's house in Maryland to visit Gram, my cousins Ben & NIkki and my aunt Deb and uncle Joe.  Then next March I am going to Gainesville to visit my nana and grandfather while mom and dad buy another rental house in Florida.   I am going to be so busy!

At school I have 6 more months to master potty training.  You can't move into the 3-4 year old room until you are fully potty trained!



2 comments:

nana November 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

Wow, you have sure accomplished a lot in just 2.5 years! I didn't know you were coming to visit in March and am very excited at the news. I miss you a lot! xoxonanaxoxo

Sharon or Allan November 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

Good Job Dexter! See you Friday!

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP