Friday, May 6, 2011

2 years!

Yesterday was my big birthday, but today I went to the doctor for all my official measurements so my blog post is a day late. 

Here is my big update on my many skills and likes over the past 6 months

Vital Stats: 
Weight: 27.8 pounds (49% percentile) Height: 36.2 inches (91% percentile) Head size 51.4cm (98% percentile) 
I am up to 12 teeth with #13 just starting to come out now.  
For clothes I wear size 2T shirts and pants, size 5 shoes
I had to get 1 booster shot today, but no more shots until I am 4!

Skills:
Physically: Gross motor:  I can run and climb really well.  I can pull 50 pound dogs in wagons.  I can throw a ball or kick a ball hard but not in any particular direction.
Fine Motor: I can use a spoon, fork and knife.  I can brush my teeth.  I can open any unlocked door.  I also paint well with my fingers, still working on using markers and crayons on the paper and not on the tables.

Verbally: I have a few 2 word sentances down - my favorites are "bye-bye dadda", "thank-you momma", "no momma" and "more wawa (water)".  My single word vocab is still fairly limited to around 20 words that non-mothers could understand (mama, dada, nana (which can mean nana or banana), dog, gaga (garbage truck), juice, water, cheese, cracker, ball, quack-quack(duck), more, hand, door, night-night etc)

Likes: Brooms. Water. Playgrounds. Balloons. Playing in the car.  I really like to drag people around the house showing them things.  I will ask for your hand and then bring you to my super awesome discovery or just bring you to a door I want you to unlock.  I like to sleep.  You say its bedtime and I will jump up, start running to my room while yelling bye-bye dada and climb into my big boy bed before you even turned around.  I like my new 2-3 year old room at school.  So much to see and new toys to play with - I have only been there 3 days, but I know I like it.    

Favorite Foods:  Smoothies, yogurt, blueberry, grapes, waffles, corn, cereal, baked beans, chicken nuggets, granola bars, goldfish, animal crackers. Favorite Drinks: I just recently switched from whole milk to 1% milk. I drink one capri-sun juice a day after school. I also enjoy water from water fountains or sports bottles. 

Dislikes: My only dislike is not getting what I want at the moment I want it.  That is all really..

What is to come: Now that I am in the 2 year old room at school I get to start potty training.  I already have a potty at home and like to sit on it on occasion.  At school all the kids sit on the potty at the same time (peer pressure!) and try to go. I am already trying to be like the bigger kids but first I need to get better at pulling my shorts or pants down - that is pretty tricky. 
 
In 2 weeks I fly to Florida to visit nana and grandfather.  I can't wait!   The rest of the summer should be filled with sunshine and play!

Here is a bonus video of me playing with the toy Cole & Luke picked out for me:

1 comments:

Sharon or Allan May 7, 2011 at 4:11 PM  

Your a tall, lean, thinking machine just like Mom and Dad. Hugs, Dexter. I will see you soon. Grandfather

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP