Monday, April 5, 2010

11 month update!

Here is my final month update! March pictures are also updated. This time next month I will be turning one! I can't wait

Weight: somewhere over 21 pounds

Skills:
Physically: This month I have gotten a lot better at walking. I walk behind my toy car all the time and also walk around the coffee table a lot. I still will not try walking unless I am holding on to something however. I am also getting better at using a spoon. I like to put my spoon into the bowl of food and then put it in my mouth, but I don't always get any food on the spoon. So I am still working on that
Verbally: Still not talking with any words you would know but I do enjoy making random sounds.

Likes:I like playing - my walk behind car and my new fort are probably my favorite right now. I love going on walks still and to let mommy or daddy know I am ready for a walk I go over to my stroller and try to crawl into the seat or just bang on it to get their attention. I love to give the sign for "all done" once I am done eating. If I wave both hands in the air and smile at mommy or daddy they will take me out of my high chair and let me play on the ground with the dogs. Here is a picture of all the boys in the fort - no girls allowed.

Dislikes: I don't getting albuteral breathing treatments and try to look as sad as possible when mommy gives it to me.
New Foods since my last update: I will pretty much eat anything now, just cut it small enough and I will try it. In fact I had a piece of grilled cheese with tomato soup the other day at baby school and loved it. I also really like black beans and baked beans.

Highlights of the month and what is to come: This month I visited people in Ohio and took my first airplane rides. I was completely asleep for 3 of the 4 flights, but I do remember playing peek-a-boo with the lady sitting behind me for the one flight I stayed awake for. This coming month is a big one for transitions. At school they are going to switch one bottle of milk for a cup of milk over the next 4 weeks until all my milk is in a cup! If there is space in the 1 year old rooms I will move up to that class at the end of the month which should be exciting to meet new friends and teachers.

3 comments:

Sharon or Allan April 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

What a big boy 21 lbs!

Unknown April 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

so what are the big 1 year bday plans?

~Leslie

Dexter April 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

Just a little party with neighborhood friends and any family that comes to town. Plus a big birthday cake!

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP