Friday, February 5, 2010

9 months update

Wow! I am 9 months old today - can it be I have been outside of my mommy longer than I was inside yet?




Weight: somewhere over 19 pounds

Skills:
Physically: I can crawl, pull up on anything, stand up, cruise along the coffee table/sofa, I can sit down from standing position somewhat gracefully. I can feed myself cheerios, crackers, teething biscuits well.
Verbally: Still no words but I love to say "Ba" all the time and something that sounds like "Up"

Likes: I like to wrap things around my head/neck - this doesnt sound very safe does it. I started doing this with mommy's wii nun-chuck cable so mommy gave me a scarf to play with instead - much softer and less dangerous.
I like to go to the grocery store - every Saturday mommy and me go there and my job is to make old people and the deli girl happy by flashing smiles at them.
I like to play with the dog bowls - Bosley is still not amused by this. I make up for it however by handing them lots of food while I am eating in my high chair.

Dislikes: Not being around people, I will crawl after you at mock pace if you leave me.

New Foods since my last update: Grains - Crackers. Fruits - Melon. Vegetables -nothing new. Protein - Beef. Dairy - Yogurt, cheddar cheese. I really enjoy the yogurt!

Highlights of the month and what is to come:
This month was all about growing & moving. There is no place I dont want to crawl to and climb over. I am getting bigger and stronger and needing to eat more also. I have added in an afternoon snack to my eating pattern and eat more solid foods at each meal than one month ago. I am still on only breastmilk (hooray to mommy for making it 9 months so far) but a few times now had apple juice which is fun to drink also! Next month should be more of the same - working on walking & talking & growing. Mommy said once it gets a bit warmer out she will take me to a place called the Zoo! I look forward to that.

That is all for now - have a great February!

3 comments:

Sharon or Allan February 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

You are doing great Dexter! Thank you for your blog, it really helps. Love you, Grandfather

Heather February 5, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Another highlight of the month is getting some real hair! You look terrific. I can't wait to see you again.

Mom K. February 5, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

I can't believe he's already 9 months old. Next thing you know, he'll be asking for the car keys.

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP