Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Half Birthday!!!

Dexter James Karrels ~ 6 months old


Weight: 18.2 pounds (according to a bathroom scale, I wont see my new doctor until late November)


Skills:
Physically: I can sit really well, I can reach for things and bend in all sorts of directions rarely tipping over. I can roll over and get onto my hands and knees but still not crawling forward. I can grab things really well and I am really good at grabbing my pacifier and placing it back into my mouth. I couple times while on my hands and knees and I have twisted and almost landed into a sitting position but toppled over instead.
Verbally: I make all sorts of noises now and love to make razz noises lately where I stick my tongue out and close my lips around my tongue and blow, it can get messy with spit but that makes it even more fun!

Likes:
Going for walks is still my favorite. I try to get at least 2 long walks in everyday. Now that I am on vacation its been nice walking with my grandparents around Gainesville. Its so green here! I like going around town also. I have been in a lot of restaurants and stores and I just love soaking in new environments.

I like eating solid foods. I am still drinking breastmilk 6 times a day but now get food for breakfast and dinner. My favorite meal is oats & banana mixed together for breakfast. I have had a lot of new foods since I started eating. I have had: grains - rice & oats, fruits - avocado, banana, pears & apples. Vegetables - sweet potato, squash, green beans & pumpkin. Next up for food: grains - barley; fruits - peaches and plums; vegetables - peas and carrots. My mom worries about me being allergic to foods like she was as a baby, but so far no allergies!

I can entertain myself well now. I like to sit up and just play with toys around me. I look around every once and a while to make sure mom or dad is still watching me but then I go back to playing. My mommy really likes my independence. A new game I started playing with my grandfather today is rolling a baseball back and forth with him. My rolls are a bit more spastic than his but I enjoy it.

Dislikes:
Hum...I don't dislike anything this month! Perhaps hour 7 of a 8 hour car trip, but I just show my dislike by falling back asleep. That car motion is hard to fight!


Highlights of the month and what is to come: This month was all about change. I said goodbye to Dayton, Ohio and all my friends and teachers at daycare. I got to see some new relatives and meet my great grandma. I have now met 34 relatives of my mommy and I have driven in 9 states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virgina, Maryland, Virgina, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia & Florida) and will drive through 6 more on my way to New Mexico (Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico)
Sadly I had to say goodbye to daddy and our dogs for 3 weeks but I get to talk to him everyday on the computer and I still get to play smile games with him, but I miss him putting me to bed every night like he has since I was born.

2 comments:

Mom K. November 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

So many accomplishments in such a short time. It's truly amazing!

Have a great vacation.

Holly November 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

Happy B-day, Dexter! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Blog Archive

Birthday Countdown

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Dexter's Growth

Birth (5/5/09) - 8 lbs 13.8oz - 20in
1 Month - 10 lbs, 11oz - 22in
2 Months - 11 lbs, 11 oz - 23in
4 Months - 15 lbs, 11oz - 25in
7 Months - 18 lbs 1.5oz - 28.8in
9 Months - 20 lbs 4 oz
1 Year - 22 lbs 9 oz - 29.9in
18 Months - 25 lbs 3 oz - 32.6in
2 Years - 27.8 lbs, 36 in
2.5 Years - 31 lbs, 37 in
3 Years - 32.6 lbs, 38 in
3.5 Years - 35.6 lbs, 39 in
4 Years - 36.6 lbs, 41 in
5 Years - 38.2 lbs, 42.75 in
6 Years - 44 lbs, 46 in
7 years - 49 lbs, 48 in

Labels

dexter (820) family (120) video (111) Fertility (59) cousins (56) cancer (49) school (40) speech (25) vacation (25) homebuilding (24) month update (23) christmas (20) dogs (20) sick (17) holiday (15) sports (15) halloween (14) milestone (13) Dan (10) birthday (10) friends (10) Adoption (8) General (7) signs (6) ali (5) cubscout (5) gainesville (4) motocross (4) race (3) volunteer (3) Book Review (2) moving (2) photography class (2) Adoption Family (1) Homestudy (1) Real estate (1) baby (1) balloon fiesta (1) boat (1) book (1) new mexico (1)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP